Friday, March 23, 2007

KL Marathon 2007 Race Report

I was looking forward to have a good race and pace good with my new saucony racer ,as i try to learn how to run a good marathon But it all went wrong for me and my strategy . But i was just happey to finish the race at the end with my never say quite mentality .
Arrive at the marathon venue at 4am with my friends from Kenya then change went to warm up as the race was just about to start in less than 30min,my aim was to follow the leading lady there i wiould be able to used her pace in the begining then when im ok i could push to the finish with few km to go.
It all went wrong when the started after 3km i realise that my pace was slower then my normal race pace , since iwas comfortable with it i just thought it was normal that i would be strong towards the end of the raceat 10km mark i was 5min slower already i drink a lots of water as it was so humid that monring making it so uncomfortable for me.then i could follow the leading lady as she was far ahead of me , at half way point i was 7min slower from my previous time there i thought how can i catchup as my body was getting heavy at 30 km me lost 11min already so poor i was as i started to strugle along the way till i got right to 3 km to go there i got cramp and had to stop for a while how will i be able to run my target time start to run again but in 2.5km i spend 19min oh God its so bad now ...i had no problem with my shoe as the Saucony was good for the race in the end i was just too happy to see the finish line ..at the time of
3hrs 11min 30sec .In the end i was happy to just finish another marathon .
Conclusion: I feel i didnt really did enough speed work or get the body into racing shape as the race approaching. as my first 5km was slower then i normally do .Now i learn more and will try to improve .

No comments: